A Day in Bangkok, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 3rd 2005
Published: October 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Buddha's Buddy: The HermitBuddha's Buddy: The HermitBuddha's Buddy: The Hermit

Buddha has a friend they call the Hermit, who is considered the spirit who watches over medical doctors.
So Lou finally got his first taste of Southeast Asia. With the smells and sights, Buddhist monks, tuk-tuks (motorized rickshaws), long-tailed speedboats, and 13 year old prostitutes in Bangkok (only lookie....no touchie), it was quite an initiation. We spent the day taking a tour of the Bangkok Canal, the Grand Palace, and the Emerald Buddha Temple. After resting for an hour (FYI, it is about 95 degrees and 100% humidity), we went to a Thai Tailor to be fitted for new suits. You can get a couple handmade wool suits, shirts, and silk ties for around $175 and they are finished within 24 hours. Of course Peter opted for the cashmere blend suits and Egyptian cotton shirts, but still very much a bargain. Leaving tomorrow for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will send the next blog entry from there.

PS: Make sure to check out the cool pics. Took many but limiting myself to 9 on the blog each day. You can ask to see more when I get home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Long-Tailed Speed BoatThe Long-Tailed Speed Boat
The Long-Tailed Speed Boat

Our mode of transportation on the canal.
Lou and our Tour GuideLou and our Tour Guide
Lou and our Tour Guide

Lou and Sirrat (our tour guide)


3rd October 2005

Excellent pictures
Peter: It is so great that you are sharing the trip as you go along. The pictures are awesome and I can't wait to see the rest. Lou: you look great with the goatee!
3rd October 2005

Great Pics
3rd October 2005

Great Pics
Peter, Some of your photos are too perfect and we were wondering if you were buying photos and putting them on this site? Elena would like you to bring a Komoto Dragon home for her... Have fun!!
4th October 2005

I love checking my mail everyday. Love the picsI am so happy to take this trip with you!!

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb