A change of Scenery and Culture


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 2nd 2005
Published: October 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lou Rubbing the Boar's Head NoseLou Rubbing the Boar's Head NoseLou Rubbing the Boar's Head Nose

In front of the Sydney Hospital. If you put a coin in the box and rub the nose, it is to bring you good luck.
This Sunday morning we spent time walking through Hyde Park in Sydney and exercising at the hotel facilities. After packing and checking out of the hotel, we walked to the harbour for lunch and then left for the airport. Currently we are on the long flight from Sydney to Bangkok, Thailand. Lou is being pampered in business class as I am “roughing” it in economy class. As we are traveling in a large Boeing 747, Lou is experiencing being seated on the upper deck of the aircraft. As we are in the last hour of this flight, I am looking out the window on Phnom Penh, Cambodia lit up at night. This flight has taken us over a major section of Australia (about 6 hours of the flight) over, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam (saw Ho Chi Minh City also lit at night), now over Cambodia, and into Thailand.

We have been warned about the chaos at the Bangkok Airport so we are prepared for just about anything. I am sure to have some great pictures to share tomorrow as we explore the city. As my schedule has changed for meetings in the Far East, I do not have any formal meetings with the Ministry of Health in Thailand but will spend time preparing for the meetings with the Malaysian MOH and Singapore MOH.

PS: On our flight to Sydney, Lou’s seatmate was from Anchorage Alaska and was the caretaker of the only elephant in all of Alaska (at the zoo). My seatmate was a pro bodybuilder from Sydney who was intimidating in size, but snored and had sleep apnea.


Advertisement



3rd October 2005

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. It's the highlight of my day opening up the blog! Beautiful pictures. It's the next best thing to being there.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb