Moving on


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 14th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Siam centreSiam centreSiam centre

Were huge crowds waiting for a pop group or something were signs and screaming fans everywhere!! We just kinda stumbled upon it!
Ok so on Sunday we went to Siam Square - although nearly didn't meet Anna as alaram didn't go off so we ended up gettin ready in the quickest time ever!!

Found out which bus we needed to catch and went in search of the bus stop - that really was the hardest part of the day!!!!

The 15 eventually turned up and we were all a bit dissappointed to find it was airconditioned and swank (in comparison with some others - we wanted the 'real' experience - no doubt we'll get that again!). Journey didn't take as long as we thought it would and then we got on the skytrain to Sukhumvit Rd/Asok station - wanted to check it out - turned out it's the business end of town so we pretty much turned round straight away and wandered along main road through stalls - Cat found a Starbucks t!! We both got another bracelet too - v pretty ones! Anna got a lucky Buddha necklace ;-)

Was a funny incident on the skytrain.....you know at train stations etc there is a line to stand behind so you don't get too close to the platform well we accidentally crossed it trying to get photos of the skytrain and this police officer on the other side kept threatenin us with handcuffs or sth if we crossed it again and radioing his colleague etc = argh nearly got arrested in Bangkok!!!

Went back to the Siam Centre to grab some food and ended up in the middle of a groupie fest! Was what appeared to be a pop group of some kind due to do a meet & greet so were gaggles of girls hanging as close to the barriers as possible!! We struggled to get out!!

When we eventually found a passable exit we decided to stay under cover as was lashing it down ;-) welcome to Bangkok in the rainy season!!!

Then we decided we wanted to see Lumphini Park so thought walkin would be a good idea =- wrong =- bad idea! Map distance is not realistic at all - we walked for ages to get there - was worth it though - very pretty with lakes etc so completely felt like we were not in the middle of a city - v surreal!

Were lots of joggers and also an aerobics class taking place which we felt like joining but decided against
;-)

From there, after watching the sun set on the park we headed to the station to get train times before heading back to the hostel to discuss our options!

We'd already decided to get the train to Chiang Mai Tues/Weds as we can always explore Bangkok more when come back through! And if we don't leave soon we'll never get to see the rest of this enchanting country. Now we've agreed upon booking the train for Tuesday so that's on the agenda tomorrow xx

Advertisement



23rd October 2007

The Handcuffs
the "handcuffs" are explained...... take care both

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb