G'day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 31st 2007
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello

Hope everyone is ok. Here is the latest update on our blog. Since our last entry we have spent a few days in sydney and are currently in bangkok. More of that later. Sydney was absolutely fantastic. We both loved the place and had some excellent weather considering it is their winter (although their winter and winter in the UK are two completely different things!). Whilst in sydney we spent time looking around the Sydney Opera House and took ferry tours to Watsons Bay and Manly which was beautiful. We completed a 10km trek around Manly coast to take in the sights and were completely knackered by the end of it! We can both see why so many Brits decide to emigrate out here and we met a few who were planing to do exactly that! On our last full day in Sydney we did the Harbour bridge climb which was something else! We had a beautiful day in which to do it and had a good laugh with the other people who were climbing with us along with our guide! The views of the city were spectacular! We also paid a visit to Bondi beach before our flight to Thailand which was very nice!

On our arrival into Bangkok it was extremely hot and humid (38 degrees at 9:30am!!). We have been here a couple of days and are not that impressed with the place! It is quite dirty and the thais pesteryou all of the tie which just puts us off straight away. We are getting out and heading north towards chang mai over the next 10 days to see what the rest of thailand has to offer! Hpefully a lot better than bangkok!!

Lots of love

David and Vicky xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st August 2007

A hike! Never thought I'd see the day after our D of E experiences! Good to see you have a big cheesy grin Vicky despite the rain! Amy and Catherine are coming to London this weekend, we will miss you! xxx
1st September 2007

Hike!
Lol, I'm well into it!!Backpack and all, indeed, not as rainy where we are now and much nicer,looking fwd to the beaches though.Missyou all too and have a drink for me, tell me all the gossip too! xx

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb