Bangkok forever


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 25th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it back to the lovely city of Bangkok. The trip back up from Malaysia was eventful to say the least, boats which showed Jackie Chang movies with Thai dubbing not a good plan to try and understand what is going on. Waiting in a one road town village called Sutan, where the only way to kill the time was to play video games in one of their 5 shops, i am so bad at them i have no idea how the controls work and what the point of Grand Theath Auto. I played it for half an hour and never really understood what i was meant to be doing.

Then the bus trip which was just shy of 16 hours was horrible, they put Thai boxing and soaps on the telly which had a terrible connection, when we stopped for food Nell got some shady noodle soup and after one bite thorght better of eating the rest. So we had Banana Sandwichs and and Pringels which made us feel sick. I saw Big plastic Dinosores by the side of the road, and then the coach man tried to feel us up while we slept. At one point i was screaming for him to just F++K Off and leave us alone and Nell was just screaming.

But we finally got here, have done saw hard core shopping, well Nell has as she is off home tomorrow...tiss very sad. I even got to see the new Harry Potter film which i loved. Need to now track down the final book. I went and saw the Grand Palace and the Emerald Budda. All i can really say is that it is very Grand it is a Palace and the Budda is very green and small. I feel like i can look at things and see how nice they are but i will never really understand the whole Idol worship thing, and all the gold and sparkly thing were just a bit too over the top for my liking.

We had a bit of a mad night last night, we went to Patpong the red light area, we saw things...bad things...things that will stay with me for a very long time. I just didn't know where to look. We drank Chang beer to try and help us out, as it is unregelated so you might be getting 6% but then you might also be getting 10%. But even the strong local beer wasn't enough to see us though the night. We left soon after arriving feel scared and dirty and not in a good way, wondered around a market saw lots of fake designer bags and then wondered into another bar where we saw a great Thai Elvis and his band, the horn section was drunk and kept messing up, having tifs with each other and just stealing the limelight. Was a great way to end the evening.

I have just now had a great Thai massage and facial, and even though i did wonder about perminent damage of my spine and shoulders when she had her elbows dug into them i do feel all the better for it, and my skin feels pretty good. I love that it is only a few pounds for an hour massage and though they hurt you, you do feel better in the end.

Off on the morrow to start some new plans and adventures and find some more trouble to get into. But to be honest trying to beat the Thai Elvis will take some serious doing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb