Chatuchak and Muay Thai Action


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a pretty intense 2 days we decided to take it a bit easier and headed to the Weekend Market for some retail therapy.
Got there on the public bus, which was fun, but after we recovered from carbon monoxide poisoning we arrived at Chatuchak Park, just North of the Weekend Market. And in we went...

This place was massive, with rows and rows of claustrophobic stalls, filled with a massive variety of clothes, shoes, dried seafood, gems and bags. It was so huge we had a hard time finding our way out again, let alone returning to a place where we wanted to buy earlier. Although, if we turned the corner, there'd probably be another almost exactly the same in another stall.

We got so lost on the way out that we had to stop for a beer..

On to the Muay Thai Boxing...Round 2.

Got back to Lumphini Stadium, after leaving a note for our mate Nick, who was a no-show (as we explained!!) and we were met by a little Thai lady flogging ring-side tickets..we brushed her off as we did all little annoying Thai people. Then she said she'd get into heaps of trouble with her boss if she sold them for 1,800 baht - so we bought them - suckers!

There was about 50/50 ritual and boxing, and the tickets WERE pretty good, they even brought you Chang's to your seat!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb