Our third trip to Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Koh Toa on Wednesday 4th July, and headed back to bangkok. It would be our third time back there but it was going to be a good one as we were picking up Laura's passport!!! We had said bye to the trio the night before which was so sad but we were priviledged to have met them so in the morning we got our stuff, checked out, had some breakfast/lunch and played with the cuttest ever puppy before heading to get our Catamaran then bus to Bangkok. The journey was pleasant although we had some quite annoying people sitting behind us on the bus who had no clue what the word 'quiet' meant even on a bus at midnight when everyone was trying to get some sleep, luckily we arrived and Bangkok before they got the sharp end of my tongue where me and Laura got off, and headed to the same guesthouse we had stayed at before called The Merry V, we got a air conned room here as the heat was certainly on, it was a lovely big room with a double bed and very clean private bathroom-something we had not had in a while and thought we deserved after our 'hut' lol plus hot water, something which we are now starting to very much appreciate!!!! Anyway, our first day there was spent mainly catching up on sleep, chilling out with air-con, and catching up on our written journals before heading down to have a toastie and the best ever milkshakes we would have, yummy!!!!! That night we headed to koh San Road where we returned to the peircing studio where i had got my lip peirced the previous trip here, this time both me and Laura would be in the piercing seat to get our Tragus peirced, this is a part of your ear, it was not sore again, even Laura managed it without fainting which is a shocker!!! After this we headed back to Guesthouse just incase Laura came over a bit queezy, luckily she never but we spend a nice chilled out night in room with air con-amazing!!! The next day we were going to the Embassy to pick up Laura's passport so we nipped over in a taxi, and got the passport!!!!! YEY!!! Everyone was so nice in the Embassy, and very helpful! After we picked this up we had to go to Thai Embassy to get her visa sorted out so off we went on the bus only to have to get it back again as she needed copy of Police report so rather than go the whole way back to Guesthouse we figured we could get the copy off of UK Embassy so thats what we did, we then headed back on another bus to Thai Embassy where we had to wait wee while before that was finally sorted, next stop was Australian Embassy so we could get her visa for there sorted as that was electronically put on her old one. We got there, it was in a huge building and was on the 34th floor, what a veiw, it was magnificent!!!! We could see loads of Bangkok, it was massive with huge buildings, the only thing was it showed how dirty the city really was, there was some seriously manky buildings around! Nways we got told that all she had to do was email about it and they would sort it out for her so that was us, done, sorted, finished with Embassy's woohoo!!!! We decided that after all our travelling about and feeling a little harrassed we would treat ourselves by going to the cinema to see the new Die Hard 4 film!!!! We were super excited as both of us are Die Hard fans! So off we went to the huge complex, it was bloody masisve, had loads of restaurants in it, a dunkin donuts, arcades, nail parlours, beauty parlour, everything you could think of was in this complex which also had a massive cinema. We got our tickets for the 4.30 showing, and heading to hall number 5. Just before the film started, they were showing the normal trailers when a announcement came on saying 'please stand for our King', everyone in the hall stood up, so after we bounced up in shock not knowing what the bloody hell was happening we were shown a short film of The King while everyone sang the National Anthum of Thailand. What a shocker, during it me and Laura were nearly peeing our pants, once it finished everyone sat back down in their seats and started munching away on their sweets and watching the screen, we were very overcome by this but decided we better not laugh as they take their King very seriously, he is a major figure in Thailand with pictures of him literally everywhere-on motorway roadsigns, in shops, in Guesthouses, restaurants, toilets-seriously everywhere!!! Die Hard 4 was amazing, so so good, John McLean is the man!!!! We headed back to the Guesthouse, we eventually got there, after waiting for ages, getting wet in the rain and after about 3 different buses!!! The next day was spent doin a few things round and about the Koh San Road area, having look at market etc, that night we went to another guesthouse and watched 'The Queen' which was good but i dont think showed Princess Diana in a very good light but anyway, we then headed up to Koh San Road where we decided to go to a 'Ping Pong Show'.
'Ping Pong Shows' are shows which are extremely popular in Bangkok, we had heard little about them but that they were a must whilst there so when a tout asked us if we would like to go and we said 'why not'. Well this i could now answer after having been to one with many answers!!! We were taken by tuk tuk (a little cart attached to a motorbike) by the craziest driver ever, a absolute maniac on the road, me and Laura were saying our Hail Marys whilst in it! We were taken to a building down a alleyway, we went inside and paid our money (about 8/9 pounds), we were then taken to a room which was quite dark with flashing lights, it was filled with smoke as well as people, it very busy! It had a a little bar at one end and a smallish stage in the middle. We were shown were to sit and given our free drink which we ended up gulping down! Basically a ping pong show is a live sex show, it also includes woman who like to do 'tricks' with themselves and the rest i wont go in to as you may not eat your dinner. We were shocked and stunned with what woman could do, who knew where a ping pong ball or about 10 metres of string could fit!!!! After the show ended we took our shocked selves back to Koh San road by tuk tuk for a stiff drink at the cocktail bar. We had a few cocktails, as the night was now coming in to the early hours of the next day we decided to head home, and have a good sleep after calling home to have a catch up with the parentals and let them know we were doing well!!!!
The next day we were heading to Malaysia by train, it would be a overnight sleeper train which we were quite excited about as would be a new experience!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb