The Situation is...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

**Ashley Says**
Today was our first full day in Thailand. We arrived last night to our hotel at about 1:00am after making it through the airport without any problems...amazing!!
After eating a delicious meal in our hotel cafe we all went over to the Grand Palace. It was absolutely amazing. The king of Thailand lives right next to the Grand Palace and often presides over ceremonies in some of the buildings. The buildings were like nothing I have ever seen before. They were beautiful. Most of them were adorned with jewles, gold, and tiles. We then walked over to the "reclining Buddah" which was really intense. Its the largest statue of reclining Buddah in Thailand. It was about 400 feet long and probably at least 50 feet high, and plated in gold.
We just had dinner at an amazing Thai restaurant and all enjoyed our meals very much. Amy and Sabrina are getting foot massages right now and the rest of us are hitting up the free internet in the restaurant that we just ate at.
All in all, it was a really incredible day...
Thats all for now, hope everyone back home is well!
- Ash

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb