"2 nights in Bangkok and the world's your Oyster!"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello friends and family!

Well...I've been having an AMAZING time...

Me and Gus have spent our first three days on a whirldwind tour of Bangkok. This is one crazy, busy, hot, dusty and dirty city. It is definately lovable though!

We stayed 2 nights in the backpacker mecca called Khao San rd. This is a street full of tourists, trinkets, thai-style clothing and cuisine....The overwhelming number of western tourists are a little off-putting when you are trying to immerse yourself in a foreign culture...but also kinda comforting to have around. Everywhere people speak fluent English allowing you to communicate easily...

We crammed in a lot into 3 days: 2 Full body 1 hour Thai Massages and a 1 hour Thai Foot Massage ($5 AU each), Lots of Market shopping - unbelievably cheap and very good quality! We saw the city by "Tuk Tuk" which is a three wheeled colourful motor car (20c AU an hour!). Got conned along the way - but it was a fun con 😊 We visited the 'Largest Reclining Budda in the World!', the 'Tallest Budda' - both common tourist destinations...and then we went to a wonderful quiet temple containing the "Happy Budda". This temple was off the beaten track - which meant it was actually empty! This was lovely!! It was a beautiful place to relax and meditate - highly recommended for anyone who wants to escape the hustle bustle of the city! We also did a river cruise, and visited some of the night shows...which were ahhhh...how can i say? educational?...

Hehe...anyway I left with a familiarity of Thailand and memories I will cherish - I'll look forward to coming back so that I can experience life on some of the islands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb