Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 5th 2006
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a short flight we arrived safely in Bangkok, and after a bit of confusion we managed to find the cheap metered taxis. The day we arrived was the Kings 79th Birthday, which actually worked in our favour as there was no traffic on the roads, and we made out to the hostel in no time.

After checking in, we met two of our room mates. Steph from New Zealand and Tim from Tasmania. That evening we had some food in the hostel, and played some cards and pool with them and two Aussie girls heading home the next day over a few beers.

The next morning we were a bit slow to get moving. We headed down to Lumphini Park, and had a wander around. We bumped into Tim and Steph. After that we stopped for a coffee to try and make a plan for our time in Bangkok and Thailand. That night we went for pizza and to see Casino Royale.

Ciaran woke up to a familiar voice in our room, the following morning. It turned out to be Frank, whom he went to school with. After getting over the shock we decided to take the skytrain to the National Stadium and walk the rest of the way to the Palace. It turned out to be about a 6km walk under a very hot midday sun. We walked around the palace but didnt go in since we were wearing shorts and sandals. Afterwards we walked up to Khao San Road, to have a look at the famous street. That evening we had a few beers in the hostel and met Dougie, a Scottish guy who was also staying in our dorm. The four of us headed out for what turned out to be a long night.

The following afternoon we crawled out of bed, all four of us very hungover. We spent the remainder of the day hanging around the hostel doing very little. We did manage to decide that we would head to Ko Tao next, but we were unable to find any accomodation, but were assured it would not be a problem.

Next Stop Ko Tao...



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Ah ChristmasAh Christmas
Ah Christmas

Santa On A Wedding Cake Outside A KFC
Big Johns HostelBig Johns Hostel
Big Johns Hostel

Ronan, Ciaran And Elisa


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 77; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb