Hong Kong Part 3


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 2nd 2006
Published: January 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong and grabbed a subway to Causeway Bay, the journey was pretty painless as we are now fairly good at finding our way around this city. Checking into the guesthouse took a while as they didnt have a word of English, but they were incredibly nice so we didnt mind. That evening we just watched a bit of T.V before heading to bed.

The next day we headed to the Hong Kong History Museum, which is pretty much the only tourist attraction we had left to see. It was an excellent museum and very detailed. Afterwards we headed to Chungking Mansions for another Indian curry, since it was so good the last time we were there. We had another quiet night in front of the T.V (Boring).

The following morning we headed to Ocean Terminal so that Ronan could buy a new camera and so Ciaran could pick up a new pair of trousers, after a day of shopping (The city's favourite pastime). We then headed to the river to watch the Symphony of Lights, which is a 15 minute light show with music involving all the tallest buildings on either side of the bay.
Times SquareTimes SquareTimes Square

This Is About As Quiet As It Gets
After that we headed back to the guesthouse to pack and prepare for our flight.

Next Stop Bangkok...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Taiping Qinjiao Cermony - Some Freaky Looking GodsTaiping Qinjiao Cermony - Some Freaky Looking Gods
Taiping Qinjiao Cermony - Some Freaky Looking Gods

Something to do with locals erecting Gods to guard against spirits...


Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb