Tearing apart the town, and each other!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 9th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Having the family around for the last few days has been mental - it's like having an extra four Corb's that are all as ridiculous, but as lovable as each other. We have eaten, attempted to shop and see the sights and generally had an hilarious time.

At Wat Pho, Libs, Bruce and I indulged in a very relaxing foot massage though I don't know how relaxing it was for Bruce - he spent almost the entire 45mins in fits of giggles. It was luxurious though, and very soothing on our aching paws after walking all around Ayuthaya.

We also visited Jim Thompson's house - the American Magnate who amassed a beautiful home full of Asian Antiquities in Bangkok then disappeared while out walking in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. His house has now been turned into a museum and it's absolutley stunning, as is the restaurant where Bruce and Libs treated us to a most delicious lunch (and they even bought me the cookbook!!)

Another highlight was a mad tuktuk convoy across town - much fun 😊

All in all it was exhausting though I don't actually know what we got up to half the time. It was great to see them and see they haven't changed, at least the farewell wasn't too sad since we'll see them again on Monday.

Advertisement



10th December 2006

thanks from the family
Had a great time with you two in Bangkok. Great to see you again after all this time. You both look wonderful and it was so interesting listening to your stories. Thanks for showing us around Andrew and a special thanks to Kelly for putting up with us three; your sainthood is in the mail. See you tomorrow, Libs

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb