Last leg and I reckon we are on our last legs as well.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 27th 2023
Published: August 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Landed in Bangkok at about 0630, and then had to walk over 300 meters to the next connecting area. The lounge is also in the same area. Originally we had over 2 hours stopover but now we are down to about 1.

All of a sudden bad memories come flashing back to us. Same area we had to deal with when we flew in 53 days ago. Up the escalator to a passport and boarding pass check, then through another security screening. Same results - battery out and check it is compliant. All good then by the time we have done all this we really don’t have time to go to the lounge. Bugger. Looking forward to a shower to freshen up.

Off to the gate, another 250 meter walk. Get there and there is a massive queue. Find out that the Australian government are strict in the 100ml liquid rule. Everyone has to have their carryon searched and fluids either passed as good or confiscated.

Takes forever then down to the gate area. Busy flight. Eventually start boarding. Thank goodness for business class priority. Into our seats. This time we are in the Centre but on the aisles with a large space between us. No intimate chats this flight.

Flight about 15 minutes late to leave. Waiting for some baggage crates to be loaded. The A350 has a tail mounted camera so we could see what was happening on the ground. Eventually away.

Get some good sleep in even though it is during the day. Flight crew are good and can’t do enough to please. Now to see if the bags have followed us - and who won the footy.

Landed on time. Impressive. Turned the phone on yo see we had won. And also a bunch of messages as well. Down to the customs area. Self service which works really well. Pity about a third of the kiosks weren’t operative. Down yo the baggage area. Bags pop out very quickly. I message our driver as instructed. Through immigration with no questions asked and out into the throng of hire car drivers and people waiting for their loved ones. Unfortunately our driver was nowhere to be seen. Waited and then tried to ring. No answer. Eventually get a text saying he has got stuck in traffic and will be there soon. Bugger. Out at around 2020 and had to wait until about 2100. Never mind. He got there and got us home.

Holiday now officially done and dusted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb