DAYS 27- 28 BANGKOK


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 21st 2017
Published: December 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Buddhist boys starting to form line for lunchBuddhist boys starting to form line for lunchBuddhist boys starting to form line for lunch

Many start this life from 12 yrs when they finish primary school. Often it is a way to get a better education & can leave at any time.
Our last day of cycling has come around quickly with 1150 kms in total. Today was a 55 Km ride again in strong winds that were mostly favourable past small rural villages. The last few kms was an 8-10% climb up to the Khun Dan Dam with spectacular valley views below the dam wall. Riding finished with a very fast return downhill & lunch. After lunch the crew packed our trusty bikes for the last time, said goodbye & we then drove the final 110 kms to our destination, the Nouvo City hotel in the pulsating old town of Bangkok.

A late afternoon flight next day meant we only had the evening and the following morning to explore Bangkok. The group had a final evening meal followed by a wander down Khao San Road & surrounds, famous for its colourful atmosphere, touts of every description for lottery tickets, massages, food,music, real & henna tattoos etc.

The rest of Bangkok will have to await another day as we enjoyed a relaxing morning grateful not to have to get in the saddle again & to reflect on a real sense of achievement and realise that biking is such a fabulous way of touring.

Have attached a great 7 min video below of one of our final 3 days in Thailand taken by one of our support crew. Have 2 other videos for the final 2 days but too long to load on this blog.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb