DAY 26 KABINBURI


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
December 19th 2017
Published: December 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was an epic 11 hr day starting with a pre breakfast 6 am drive to the local market to mainly buy some food offerings for the local Buddhist monks from a nearby temple. The monks have no resources & only have two meals a day receiving all their food from villagers in exchange for blessings.

After breakfast we cycled the rest of the day covering 100 kms along mostly flat to undulating terrain on quite roads but some occasional brutal headwinds. The ride was broken up with numerous places of interest & refreshment stops. The first stop was a local village broom making community where a range of brooms are made from coconut tree stems & bamboo handles. While they look so inefficient as anyone who has travelled through SE Asia would have seen they are used everywhere.

Next stop was a local Buddhist community centre & temple. We were lucky to have a guide who practiced as a Buddhist monk for 12 years from the age of twelve so was able to simply explain with the help of fresco wall painting in the temple, the origins of Buddha & how he reached Nivarna.

Our overnight stay at the Premsuk hotel was adequate given the remote rural location.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb