Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A GibbonA GibbonA Gibbon

We were lucky to see this rare Gibbon and few others as well. Photographed by one of our fellow travellers; Emiel van Lieburg.
Now for Thailand. Jesse caught his connect thru to Sydney and we carried on into Bangkok via taxi. We spent a night in the Asia hotel, a place we have stayed at before and has a really good breakfast menu. We spent a morning roaming in the exhaust fumes and crap that coats just about everything in every city in Thailand. We;ve never been here with the temperature below 30c but I think we must have dragged some of the European stuff in with our tail wind. When we arrive everyone is in pullovers and jackets and the locals are shivering because the temperature is below 20C. We love it. We took a train into the countryside to Prachin Buri and tuk tuk to a nice place near a big national park. Next day a big tour of the park with just a couple of others to check out the wild life. We saw rare Gibbons and it was a complete delight and a long and tiring day. We had left most of our luggage in Bangkok and ended up without enough warm clothes. It got down to 12C in the park. Only a sheet is supplied in the guesthouses and we shivered the nights through.

We took a couple of buses cross country and got into Ayutthaya yesterday. It's the ancient capital, lots of ruins etc. It's still cool and cold at night. Tomorrow we head back to Bangkok for our last night away. We are looking forward to our own bed and a good breakfast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 17; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb