Bat temple in Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
March 22nd 2018
Published: March 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Out of my list of 5 wild animals to find and see in Thailand, this was actually the one that my wife wanted to see the most. :-)

These are flying foxes, with faces much cuter than other smaller bats.

There are 2 places called "bat temple" in Thailand, but this one is in the Ayuthaya's province.

The temple seems to have no name on Google maps, but this is the adress: Unnamed Rd Tambon Mai Tra Amphoe Bang Srai Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13190 Tambon Mai Tra, Amphoe Bang Srai, Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13190, Thailand

To get there from Ayuthaya, take road 3263, and then 3111 South. About 1km before Chan Thara Lake village, you can see a golden bat statue on the left. Take the small road next to it, and go at the end of the road. You'll see the temple on the right side, before the river.

Something cool about these bats, (apart from the fact they are big and cute), is that you can see them in broad daylight. The temple entrance has 2 big guard statues. You pass that, cross the first building, and the bats are in the trees right after. There are thousands of them. Some are sleeping tight, others are moving their wings to cool off, and some others fly all around. It's a nice spectacle, and they are loud too.

It's a good thing that they are protected there, and that the environment all around is good enough to sustain such a population.







For my objectives then, it's 3 out of 5. More details in next blog entries to see if I reached my goal!!

Meanwhile, my next blog will be on driving in Thailand. I did 3200Km in the country in 3 weeks, and was able to go to all places I wanted to go to.

But you need to know what you're up against, to prepare yourself properly!



ciao


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement








Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb