Little Liuqiu to Hengshun 80km


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan
October 24th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Caught the first ferry back to Dongang harbour on the mainland and made our way to Hengshung near Kenting National Park via the 17,26,153,164,158(for any cyclists who may read this). We were actually a little underwhelmed with the section of 153 between Checheng and the 164 as the write ups made it sound idlyllic. While there wasn't anything particularly wrong with it, it certainly wasn't idlyllic at all. You were next to the ocean but rarely caught a glimpse of it and there were still lots of tour buses on it(we had read it would be quieter than the 26). We were also hoping to camp on the beach but the spot was closed :p. Anyway, went to Hengchung instead and it turned out to be more fun than expected. There wasn't really anything mentioned about it in our guidebook and we didn't see a lot online so we were it expecting it to be Kenting's sleepy(but less expensive accomodations etc) cousin. It turned out to be a cool town full of all kinds of great street food as well as lots of cool restaurants and coffee shops. It also had quite a few pubs/bars(something we haven't seen much of) if that's your thing as well as some nice views of the surrounding mountains and some cool old gates and fortified walled sections that you could walk on/along. We found a great dumpling place that had different types of steamed or fried dumplings for 4-5 NT dollars each! That's about .15-20 cents Cdn each-we were stuffed on less than $3 Cdn :D!

The next day we rented a gas scooter and toured all day exploring Kenting national park area's sights including beaches,parks,and the southernmost tip of Taiwan. We saw a family of monkeys in Sheding park and explored route 200 and some of the other small country roads. Overall it was a great day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Road south towards Kenting areaRoad south towards Kenting area
Road south towards Kenting area

Oceanside coffee trucks!
Green onion thick flaky pancakes!Green onion thick flaky pancakes!
Green onion thick flaky pancakes!

Chris was loving these!
Day of scootering Day of scootering
Day of scootering

No, we hadn't found a skatepark, this was Chris' scooter helmet
East coast near the southernmost point of TaiwanEast coast near the southernmost point of Taiwan
East coast near the southernmost point of Taiwan

It was ridiculously windy, we figured it might be some of the edge of a tropical storm that hit Japan
Hotel in HengchunHotel in Hengchun
Hotel in Hengchun

These 'strips' were out towels! Looks like they cut full-size towels in half...


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb