Back in Taiwan -- Day 1


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan
April 21st 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=ectgF6XNdpU][youtube=4smuicm9rLE][youtube=ZQ9XPSlKGpc][youtube=HsX8jTE99K0][youtube=RdQGNCgp0O4]Last time I was back in Taiwan was... two years ago. Which was already a very completely different experience than the one seven years ago. Taiwan does evolve relatively fast, and it never fails to impress me.
It is mid-April, the weather is exceptionally mild, a little cloudy. We are heading out to Kaohsiung late morning, but I couldn't sleep past 5:00 AM so we had to start our journey to eat out a little earlier than planned. Started with Mos Burger (since it was the complimentary breakfast for the hotel). for those who have not had Mos Burger, the claim to fame of this Asian only chain is the rice patty bun with ginger flavored beef slices in some sort of asian BBQ sauce and a leaf of lettuce. It is quite an experience, I highly recommend it whenever you have a chance. I had to follow that full breakfast with a green onion tortilla-like cake (sooooo yum, that sauce is the killer!) and stop at the local Mr. Donut for a couple of french crueler and a serious lunch buffet at Kaohsiung's own HanShen hotel 43th floor seafood buffet. There was so much food. Everything was awesome. The sashimi was exceptional. Am I worried about the radiation on these fish? Aw come on, you only live once.
The high speed train to Kaohsiung was pretty cool, the train is clean and new. However.... a warning for those who are considering heading to Kenting. The ride from Kaohsiung to Kenting is pretty brutal, waaaay longer than the train ride....

Advertisement



21st April 2011

Interesting....
Never imagine you writing a blog! With videos too! It wasn't that nerdy until the morning video clip in Dan-Sui at 5am. If you wake up at 5am and filming outside the window,...ya then that's nerdy~~ But great to have a travel blog! Nice!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb