Taiwan 09 - Yang Ming Shan National Park


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan
May 1st 2009
Published: May 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Though I had been to Taipei twice, Yang Ming Shan (YMS) somehow just didn't get into my past itineraries. Without suggestion fr WL, perhaps I wld have missed this place once again.

Prior to going to YMS, I had thought it was something like S'pore Botanic Garden & MacRitchie Reservoir - with lovely landscaped flowers and nature trekking trails. YMS was definitely huge and hilly and wasn't easy to get around, especially so during peak season like flower season, weekends & public holidays. Those without personal vehicle would have to rely on buses to tour the YMS National Park. The buses were usually minivans that couldn't take too many passengers. And, the frequency/schedule was unknown. During crowded times, being able to board the minivan was a blessing.

This period was the season of calla lilies. Hence, once at YMS, we headed straight to the calla lilies field. So thankful that the flowers were still blooming. The lilies were pretty and if I was to go home the next day, I would probably have bgt some of them home! There were surprises of non-white flowers.. interesting but so not natural.

Lotsa walking and waiting for buses and standing on bus sure drained one's energy. We were all looking forward to a scrumptious meal at a recommended restaurant in YMS region. Alas! We had underestimated how huge YMS was. We only found ourselves at the zen-feel restaurant after close to 2 hrs walk. Devastatingly, its afternoon tea had ended and dinner was fully booked. Ouch! wat a blow to famished ones.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb