Taitung, the East Coast of Taiwan (14th April 2014)


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taitung
April 14th 2014
Published: May 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 14th April 2014

After a wholesome breakfast at the homestay this morning, we hopped on to the East Coast Tourist Shuttle and arrived at the Sanxiantai (Terrace of the Three Immortals) stop. With temperatures dipping to a low 20 Degrees Celsius, this was a relatively cold day to be at the coast.

Having seen countless pictures of Sanxiantai, the next logical move was to see them with our own eyes. As we stood with our eyes closed on top of the wavy bridges that connected to the offshore island, this had a liberating effect on our tired souls.

Our next stop at Xiaoyeliu was equally impressive given its unique rock formations. I'd never visited her Taipei cousin but we thoroughly enjoyed this one as we certainly took our time snapping pictures away.

The highlight of our day was a visit to the Railway Cultural Park located in Taitung city. Occupying the land vacated by the former Taitung Railway Station, this was a fun place to be in for all railway fans. We were greeted by a bright, disused locomotive of the olden days. There were plenty photo-taking spots scattered throughout this Railway Park. Some restoration works were ongoing when we visited. Otherwise, this would make a perfect outing within the peaceful grounds.

Our final stop this evening was a visit to the Taitung Story House. This is now occupied by a branch of Eslite Bookstore and Starbucks Coffee. Needless to stay, I spared no efforts and got myself a souvenir railway book as we rounded up our perfect day in the city.

P.S. I spent my entire 15th April 2014 cooped up in the homestay, praying hard that my body would recover in time for our final stop in Yilan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb