Visit to Taiwan


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
March 13th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.02, 121.45

Ship docked in Keelung about 30 minutes on a good day to Taipei. Our weather was overcast today. It misted a little at times but nothing too bad.

We started our tour at the Lin Family Garden. Very green.

Next stop was Dalongdong Baoan Temple. The architecture was stunning. Very ornate. Basically what you would expect to see.

After lunch, we stopped at the National Revolutionary Martyrs Shrine. Again typical architecture but also the changing of the guards.

Next was the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. A huge building dedicated to him. Probably known as the liberator of Taiwan. Didn't like the Chinese rule.

Our final stop was a photo stop for Taipei 101. It was the tallest building for a few years. It's one the buildings you see on New Years Eve and the fireworks. The low clouds didn't cooperate but I did get shot showing the full height. That window of opportunity lasted just a few seconds. The others on the bus didn't have their cameras ready. By the time they were ready, the clouds rolled back in. I got lucky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Taipei 101Taipei 101
Taipei 101

Cleared for a few seconds so I could get this shot!
Lunch MenuLunch Menu
Lunch Menu

@ the Ambassador Hotel


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb