Taiwan Trip -- Day 3


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
April 23rd 2011
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=AHZ0ojliDTQ][youtube=AHZ0ojliDTQ][youtube=KUoA6HB2JGw][youtube=tAqCQnOYoBk]The high speed rail in Taiwan is just amazing. A few years back (OK, more than a few....) when we went to Kenting for graduation trip it took literally a whole day to get there. We were back in Taipei after a 1.5 hour train ride!
I would say the biggest thing about traveling to Taiwan is eat. There are probably plenty of sights to see that are interesting, but really, nobody should waste their time in Taiwan by being a vegetarian or following some strict diet. If just what eaten in Taiwan stays in Taiwan.... instead of following me back to LA on my gut.
Ding Tai Fung, nobody should ever miss, and there is no reason to miss it due to long lines. Convenient locations throughout Taipei, we headed to the one in TienMu SOGO department store right after we got back. The servers are so efficient, and the dumplings are just heavenly..... complete with an instruction card on each table to explain how these Hsiao Long Bao are meant to be eaten. Ahhhhh.
A long nap is in order, but shortly after we headed down to Shih Lin night market. Saturda night...... absolutely madness. If you hate crowd this is absolutely not the place to go. First we get in line for the world famous Hao Da Da fried chicken. It is like a Disneyland ride operation, you get a plastic bag to get in line, and after 10 minutes of snake line, you walk up to the lady and pay your 55 NT for a big slice of deep fried insanely flavorful chicken. Can I import this to LA? Ohhhh the intense flavor of white and black pepper in perfect harmony with a touch of hot pepper, all delivered via this piping hot crispy batter with the ingenious proportion with thinly sliced chicken. Definitely worth waiting in line and dealing with the bouncer......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb