TAIPEI, TAIWAN


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
September 14th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


TAIPEI, TAIWAN

Taipei was busy - thousands of scooters, people everywhere. We quickly found a hostel and met great friends from South Africa, England, Australia, and even the States. Our first night was spent in an appropriately named club - Pasau (Passout). It was less than $10 Canadian to drink all night. Keith and I destroyed the entire drink menu of over 15 items and continued to double up on our favorites. We drank, we danced and we watched bartenders juggle flaming bottles of alcohol, which is a common site here.

The next few days were spent doing the tourist thing. We went to the top of the tallest tower in the world in the world's fastest elevator - it made your ears pop.

We checked out the largest traditional style roof in all of Asia, and we even checked out the Taipei Zoo which was actually quite amazing. It didn't seem like any zoo I had experienced, the areas for the animals were remarkably appropriate with huge cliffs, huge ponds, waterfalls and lush plant-life. It was more peaceful than what could be taken as cruel.

One of the last nights of our Taipei adventure was spent at the club named Luxy. Our entire crew from the hostel went out - 15 or so people. Upon entering, it was like a scene from a Pussycat Dolls music video. It was huge with a catwalk that stretched way out into the dance floor. There were three professional Asian dancers that showed some sexy moves while fireworks and fire shot up and The PussyCat Dolls songs pumped from every direction. Craziness.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb