Happy New Year!


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Tainan
February 17th 2018
Published: February 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Pool roomPool roomPool room

We just happened to look through an open window and saw these guys they are actually fishing..inside !
Our bnb in Meinong was run by a couple of Artists and she did lots of crafts. She presented us with some lovely key rings that she had made and insisted on taking our photo!...I'm sure she doesn't take everyone's photo.. She had obviously told other guests that we were DRIVING and from England..as a lovely lady talked to us and wanted us to visit her when we go back up to Taipei at the end of our trip she has already been sending me lots of links to youtube ,she really wants us to enjoy her country.
Anyway today the car goes back, so on to Tainan, the oldest city in the country.
Only about an hours drive so we go to drop off the luggage first before returning the car.
A great welcome from the owners. Coffee, biscuits an orange (traditional chinese customs for CNY) had a great chat with him. He even sent out for some bubble tea for us (we're only stopping one night#) He told us of his time in London over New Years eve in Victoria station with no money as the ATM had eaten his card, he was so cold and hungry.
He must
Not an ipad in sight!Not an ipad in sight!Not an ipad in sight!

I have never seen so many ball games, bagatelle, throw the hoop type games , these kids loved them
have enjoyed our chat as he upgraded our room.
Many of the usual sights are closed today but still lots of street markets and temples of course.
It seems be be an excuse to have a burning brasier or dustbin in the middle of the pavement inorder to burn vast quantities of paper money (not real paper money!) The temples were very busy with people giving offerings and burning incense.
Trains are still working as normal but much busier and we bought our ticket to the next destination Kaohsiung.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb