Sun Moon Lake


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taichung
July 29th 2005
Published: November 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 (29 July 2005)



We left Fuh Chun Hotel early today to make our way to Sun Moon Lake. A bus outside the hotel took us to Puli before we change yet another bus to Sun Moon Lake. Breakfast was egg and ham sandwich & soya milk purchased at a roadside stall in Puli. Really yummy though may not be the most hygienic.

The lake itself was ……BIG. After getting ourselves acquainted at the information office, we proceed to engage in a boat tour around the lake together with 3 fellow Taiwanese. Not much people today so the 3 idyllic stops around the lake was ‘longer’ than usual according to them. The rest of the afternoon was spent browsing through the souvenir stores and taking in the fresh cool air the area had to offer.

Sun Moon Lake is not a must visit itinerary for every traveler. Still, it provides a cool retreat from the scorching heat in the cities. And for urban folks like us, it is something that we can’t find in Singapore so the visit was relatively worth it.

We are taking an early train back to Taipei tomorrow morning. As we say goodbye to Taichung, I realized that traveling around the country is made easier by the helpful people we met along the way who gave tips that Lonely Planet fails to cater. And being a Chinese myself allows me to communicate with the locals easily and to read local directional signs with little difficulty.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake
Sun Moon Lake

I call them Yellow Submarines
Sun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake
Sun Moon Lake

You Jump, I jump.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb