Taiwan


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Keelung
April 22nd 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Keelung HarborKeelung HarborKeelung Harbor

Not to far to Taipai.
Gray skies today as we headed out for our excursion but luckily it never rained. Apparently we missed an earthquake a couple of days ago. Pretty common here so we have been told.

First stop was the National Palace Museum which houses all the treasures that Chiang Kai-shek took with him when he left mainland China. It houses some beautiful artwork. The place was totally mobbed mostly by Chinese coming to visit what used to be theirs.

Went to a Michelin-rated restaurant featuring soup dumplings in the basement of the Taipei 101 building which was the tallest at one time. They make the dumplings right out where everyone can see them behind a glass partition.

There was a market in that building and Jerry managed to buy a case of beer. He was the hit of the bus… notice the smile on his face.

A visit to Longshan Temple and the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall rounded out our afternoon before we headed back to the ship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



22nd April 2015
Tapai 101 From Ship

taipai
how many days were you in Japan? I see your in Taiwan now it looks interesting.....how was that Beer? pictures are great looking forward to your next blog hope you had a good earth day!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb