Christmas, New Year, Beach, Rain and Elephants.


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
January 29th 2016
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.87305, 80.7718

We left Nanjing 23rd of December to Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Our Beach hotel was an hour drive from the airport.
Negombo beach was beautiful and to the north of Colombo.
The city centre was a 15 minute tuk-tuk ride.
The centre is very colorful with lots of street venders selling everything you could possible need.
There was a series of restaurants behind the Hotel which felt like you were eating at your Aunty's place. Very relaxed and great food.
Christmas day we went for a sail on the local sail boats and we fished.
That afternoon we ate what we caught with a local family.
Very strange but special at the same time.
In Dambulla we visited the Rock Temple and the Golden Temple where you will see so many monkeys. Beware as soon as they see food they will try ams snatch it from you.
In Polonnaruva, The Mediaeval Capital City Ruins are brilliant. It rained the whole day but it was still amazing.
In Sigiriya, The Lion Hill which was created in the 5th Century was a long walk and a long wait but well worth the time.
When we arrived on the top dark storm clouds gathered and before we knew it they washed over us and as soon as it arrived it disappeared and the sky was a perfect shade of blue.
Pinnawala, Elephants. We stayed at the Hotel right on the river where the Elephants came to bath. It was a perfect location. You are so close to them as they walk down the very narrow street.
In Colombo, the markets are fantastic. Make sure you drink and eat a coconut.
On our last day we witnessed a Sri Lankan wedding in the hotel.

Great Christmas and New Year.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Sigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri LankaSigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri Lanka
Sigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri Lanka

Created in the 5th Century A.D.
Sigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri LankaSigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri Lanka
Sigiriya. Lion Hill. Sri Lanka

Climbing up the rock in the rain and all of the people.


Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb