Farewell Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Negombo
January 9th 2017
Published: January 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We left Kandy on the early morning (6.15am) train which meant the stunning view over the first hour of the three hour trip had clear light with a nice misty covering. The descent is only about 400m but from the train you can see the taller mountains off to the south.

We had booked our last night at a beach resort close to the airport , Negombo. Colombo airport is in the middle of a runway resurface. I read in the local paper this hasn't been done since 1986 and if it wasn't completed in 2017 then they would loose their accreditation to land International flights. This means the airport is closed from 8.00am to 4.30pm. Our flight back to India was scheduled for 3.00am!

Negombo is a beach side tourist hang out so had some great restaurants, a reasonable beach and some espresso machine's. Bliss.

We stayed in a great place where Lynelle and Dennis Woods stayed and posted in their travel blog and it turned out to be a great spot. Oasis Beach Resort if any one reads this in the future.

Sitting in the terminal about to board our plane Shelley and I agreed we needed to come back and see more of this great place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb