Fresh air on the top of the Lion Rock! (3)


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Sigiriya
April 22nd 2014
Published: May 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0






After the Elephant Orphanage, we have been to one of most popular and remarkable tourist sites in Sri Lanka. We went to 'The Lion Rock' hic was placed in Sigriya. When we arrived there, all of us were overwhelmed by the grandiosity of the Rock. The Lion Rock was being towered up in the middle of the forest. As I saw the rock, I really hoped to climb up the rock and view beautiful scenery of Sri Lanka. As well, there are lots of other foreign tourists. Firstly, we visited a museum nearby, then we entered to the Rock. At the entrance, I could see many sits of buildings and temples. Also, there were lots of little monkeys hanging around there. They had no fear about people. Even though we approached to them, they did not run away or attack. It was very interesting. Anyway, the Lion Rock was originally a kingdom which was ruled by a king on the top of the rock. Finally, we began to climb up the rock. It was really hard and though course for every student, tough, I hiked up in full of expectations and hope. At last, I could reach the top of the rock. I could see endless forests and woods surrounding the Rock, and small towns and houses far away. The view on the top of the rock was literally marvelous and breathtaking. In addition, I was so happy to breathe much fresher air rather than air in China. After hard climbing up, on our way hotel, all people were so exhausted and they were totally played out, though it was really fantastic and magnificent experience at the Lion Rock.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb