Wonderful Elephant Orphnage!!! (2)


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Sabaragamuwa Province » Pinnawala
April 22nd 2014
Published: May 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0






Our first schedule in Sri Lanka was in Elephant Orphanage which was located in Pinnawala. We rode a bus and headed toward the Pinnawala for about three hours. There were a lot of elephants. There were lots of foreign tourists in there. People were able to see the elephant right next to them. In addition, they could feed them and help taking a shower of them. It might be quite good and interesting chances for people, but when I saw elephant babies which chains in their ankle, people seemed to be so rude. Also, I was sad to see those poor elephants. The most impressive experience in Elephant Orphanage was elephants' shower in a lake. Countless number of elephants had to wash them self in a lake every 10 a.m. At that time, lots of elephants walked through the street and walked toward the lake. As soon as they entered the lake, they were distributed to find better place to take a rest and then wallowed them self in the lake. I could see lots of happy elephants enjoying their rest. It was so impressive scene.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb