the return


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Route Back To The US



The Route Back To The USSo I've finally done it. I purchased my ticket home from Korea. While I will be going in the direction of home, there will be a few minor layovers here and there. To sum up where I will be going….

We finish teaching June 26th and will be hanging out in Korea for about a week to get everything in order (shipping things home, secure finances, make sure we have all our visas taken care of, saying good bye to friends, etc). On July 3 we're heading out of the land of smelly cabbage and into Vietnam. We'll be meeting up with Patrick's friend from SLO, Drew, touring Hanoi and heading out to Halong Bay. We'll all then traverse all the way south through Vietnam, stopping in Nha Trang, to Ho Chi Mihn City (Saigon) where we may head to the coast and visit some islands. We'll cross the border into Cambodia and trek to the capitol, Phnom Phen, then up north to Siam Reap to see the Angkor Temples. After Angkor Wat and the rest of the Angkor temples we'll go into the south of Laos through Champsak in the south and up through the entire country to Luang Prabang. From there, we'll make our way south to Vang Vieng (to float down the river and zip line through the jungle) and Vientiane.

From there it's into Thailand (where I'll be meeting my friend Lindsay, Erica and Katherine along the way). Drew will leave about this time while we spend a few weeks checking out Thailand from Chang Mai in the north to all the islands in the south, Eventually (well, on August 27 to be exact) we'll make our way back to Bangkok and fly to Morocco.

Patrick and I will venture through Morocco for about 10 days, checking out Casablanca, Fez, the Atlas Mountains, Tangiers, Marrakech, etc and take a ferry over to Spain when we've had enough of the 'African' leg of our journey. In Spain I'll be meeting up with my best friend Gina and checking out all the sights and sounds of Spain and Portugal. We'll head through Barcelona, Madrid, Basque country, San Sebastian, Ibiza (?), Valencia, Alicante, Granada….. And in Portugal Lisbon, Porto (the home of Port wine… awesome), Faro… and who knows where else.

From Portugal it's a quick flight to Prague for a week where we will relax after trekking so far across the globe, then to finish up our journey we'll stop in in Amsterdam for 3 days, head across the Atlantic to New York for 4 days and fly back into LA. Whew! It may be a little hectic, but I couldn't be more excited. If anyone is going to be any of those places let me know


Advertisement



9th May 2007

dont you miss me
a person who really missed their mammacita wouldnt stay away sooooooooooooooo long.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb