How long can I stay in South Korea with the Keta?


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
September 15th 2023
Published: September 15th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Travelers from more than 100 countries need a KETA to visit the Republic of Korea. The K-ETA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign visitors. Clear immigration quickly—with a K-ETA you do not need to submit an Arrival Card.

What is the K-ETA?

K-ETA stands for Korea Electronic Travel Authorization. Foreign nationals who do not need a visa for South Korea must have a Korean ETA.

With a K-ETA, you can visit Korea for tourism, business meetings, and other short-term visits. Multiple times, the K-ETA is valid for 2 years from 30 to 180 days, depending on your nationality. K-ETA makes borders safer and more efficient, improving the traveler experience.

Advantages of Traveling with the South Korean ETA

If you have a K-ETA, you do not need to submit an Arrival Card. Take advantage of special ETA-only counters at airports for faster border checks. The K-ETA makes South Korea even safer. Even visitors who do not require a visa for South Korea will undergo security checks.

Well, the South Korea ETA application process is fully online—no interview and no need to attend an embassy or consulate. Priority Processing is available to receive the ETA within 1 hour.

What’s the difference between the South Korean ETA and a visa?

The k-eta Korea is not a visa. It is a travel authorization for foreigners who can visit South Korea short term without a visa.

A South Korea ETA application is online, while a visa is obtained at an embassy or consulate. It’s faster and easier to obtain an S. Korea ETA, fewer documents are required and there is no interview.

How long is my K-ETA valid?

A South Korea ETA is valid for 3 years. You can use the same ETA to visit South Korea multiple times, no need to apply before every trip. Your K-ETA is only valid with the passport you used to apply. If you renew your passport, you must apply for a new ETA. K-ETA Validity

K-ETA stays valid for 2 years from the issuance date and permits its holders to enter Korea numerous times. According to the Korean government, it is not possible to extend the K-ETA. If it expires, you should submit a new K-ETA application outside of the Republic of Korea.

How long can I stay in South Korea with the ETA?

How long you can stay in South Korea with an ETA depends on your nationality. Visa-free stays in Korea range from 30 to 180 days. Check the KETA Korea requirements for your nationality to find out more.

How long does it take to get a Korea ETA?

You can fill out the K-ETA application form in minutes. Be sure to check you’ve entered all your information correctly.

Processing usually takes 24 to 48 hours, or 1 hour using the Priority Service. To avoid travel disruption, we recommend applying as soon as possible before your trip. You cannot fly to Korea without an approved K-ETA.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb