Tall tales and tidbits of truth


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Suwon
January 25th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Changing of the guardsChanging of the guardsChanging of the guards

At Gyeongbokgung
So here we are again... random babble for you to stew over.

I am indeed back in Korea... the time spent here has brought about a few new experiences, good and bad. My first weekend back entailed a lot of snow and a lengthy shoot in Anam. Many a snowy photo was recorded and a good day was had. The next day saw a bit of a fall on the ice and a very sore knee. Thankfully, camera gear was all ok... meaning I could continue. This snow lead me off to one of the royal palaces again and after that, to a bookstore to purchase National Geographic's photography guide.

The following week was discussions with the boss as to a new contract or a return to Australia. I have opted for the latter, however, on the way I'm making a stop over in Syria... hehe a little out of the way I know, but I've a wonderful friend to visit.

Then the weekend rolled around again and myself, Fiona, Scott (from work) and Paul took a tour to an out of the way town to go ice fishing. The ice fishing itself was not all that exciting,
Preparing for the plungePreparing for the plungePreparing for the plunge

Subzero, bare handed fishing... We're all hard... loads of tattoos and all that stupid manly stuff.
but we partook in bare hands fishing. This was great, in subzero temperatures we changed into shorts and a t-shirt to plunge into freezing water and catch fish with our bare hands. I'm sure you'll enjoy the pics of this. After this we jumped on the bus and spent 2 hours stuck in traffic before arriving at our accomodation to have tea (a whole pig!) and a campfire. Being able to see the stars, myself and Fiona were compelled to take a few photos, however, our expedition was abruptly ended when Fiona put her foot in a small pothole, fell and snapped the lens off her camera. Thankfully the camera was OK and she was forced to buy a new lens :P. Her foot is still in pain at times, but she was more concerned about the lens (wouldn't you be? I know I would). The next day we (-Fiona) trekked up a snow covered hill, took a wrong turn at the top and had to slide down the hill on our bums to get back down. Thankfully only minor injuries were sustained, one guy cut his hand and a girl lost her camera. Otherwise, it was all good.

Scott Walker also showed up in Korea during this week and spent a few days at my place.

The following weekend was Paul's birthday and the ensuing party in the Irish bar led to a fairly interesting night. Drinks were consumed in amounts Elephants run and hide from and it was decided that we should go to a restraunt for a snack. There Paul broke up with his girlfriend, left for home and we had dinner with a random homeless guy who showed up in the restraunt. When we were getting ready to leave, the then ex-girlfriend went to find a toilet and didn't return for a while. We then began the search and she was finally discovered, unconcious at the bottom of a flight of stairs she had fallen down. I then spent the night in the hospital to make sure she was OK. All in all, an interesting evening.

That brings us to today, when we took the kids sledding at Seoul land and discovered that the bravest child in Wonderland is a six year old girl and that most of the boys are even more feminine than previously suspected.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Bravest Kid in WonderlandThe Bravest Kid in Wonderland
The Bravest Kid in Wonderland

Scarey rides are "fun" accoring to Erin (6 years old)


Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb