Sokcho


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Sokcho » Seoraksan
November 7th 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We got a bus the next day from Seoul to Sokcho in North Eastern Korea. A big winters sports region we even say snow on the ground a major change from Hong Kong, our last stop before Korea. While Sokcho isn't falling over with tourist attractions it does sit beside Seoraksan National park which was our eventual destination. We stayed in a gigantic Youth Hostel beside the park and headed back into Sokcho for some food. 10 ATMS later we successfully withdrew money, ate and made our way back home to bed.

The next day we were up early and after getting some essential supplies (Oreos and Pringles) we headed to the park. As we only had a day in the park we decided to do a few short hikes. The first hike was about and hour and a half and we saw two waterfalls Yudkam and Biryeong. We then took the cable car to the top of Gwongeun Peak which is over a 1,000 metres high. The view was spectacular and the wind incredible so we didn't spend too long up there. We headed back down and had a bite to eat. After that we started on the toughest part of the day - Ulsanbawi. After a very tough climb involving thousands of steps we hit the top to be greeted by the red cross guys who stay on the peak. After making our way down we caught a bus back and crawled into bed.

Next Stop Chuncheon...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb