Seoul


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
November 4th 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, you may notice there are no pictures for large chunks of Korea. We has the misfortune to lose Ronans camera in Busan which was a disaster but the Blog must go on. The pictures we do have were kindly donated but tend to be primarily of us out on the town which we asure you represents only a small proportiion of our time in Korea...

We arrived in Seoul and through the twists and turns managed to find our Guesthouse/Hostel. We then met up with Roisin and her fellow teachers Craig and Stephen. They were having a beer in an authentic Korean bar called the (Ahem!!) "Wolfhound".From there we headed out to a Korean Hip Hop club which is something we'll never forget before ending the night in a rock nighclub where much dancing was done.

Next day we were feeling the worst for wear and after catching up on some sleep we met Roisin and the guys for a bite to eat before an early night.

We were bursting with energy from our relaxing Sunday off and endevered to see as much of Seoul as possible. Of course it was raining (Korean weather is very similar to Irish weather in November) so we started with Chongyeonggung Palace which was just around the corner from us. It was really nice particularily the gardens which were full of colour.We then headed to Jung'no and visited Tagpol park where there is a really famous glass encased Pagoda. Then onto Jongmyo where the spirts of dead Korean Kings and Queens are supposed to rest. To finish the day we went up Seoul Tower via a cable car which gives you fantastic views of the city from 365 metres up. Exhausted we headed home.

Next Stop Sokcho...



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 84; dbt: 0.3343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb