Korean War


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Korean War started on June-25th-1950 and ended on July-27-1953. This war accrued because the United States and Russia did not want to go to war directly with one another. Since they both had atomic booms they knew that if they went to war they would be destroying the entire world. This war could not happen because they might have destroyed each other. Both the United States and Russia did not want to have a "Hot War". The united States and Russia used the korean war as a way to fight each other. They both wanted to be the most important country in the world. The Russians wanted to expand communism around the world. However America did not want this he wanted to have capitalism around the world. If the Russians turned Korea into a communist country then the USA believed that Japan would be next. They called this the "Domino Theory". Since the USA traded with Japan they could not let this happen. Also this was the only way the United States could fight of communism without actually fighting Russia. The Russians helped out North Korea and the United States helped out South Korea. Because of the Korean there are now two different countries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb