Richard Parseghian


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia » West
February 6th 2014
Published: February 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

During the Armenian genocide Richard Parseghian was gatherer with about about 850 other Armenians from his own neighborhood. The Turks did not let them take anything with them. They could not take any extra pair of cloths with them. Also they didn't allow them to take any food or water with them. If they wanted to be prepared for the journey with food and water they did not allow them to do it. They wanted to take as much things because they did not know where they were going or if they were even going to be let to lived. They took them from their hiding places and just pointed a gun at them so that they could walk. They did not ask any questions because no one ever told them anything. They were never told were they were going to go. The men were separated from their families. They were almost always killed. Many were also worked to death because of how tiring their jobs were. Richard saw how one of the turks beating his father with the gun. He would not stop beating. The father would try to get back up, but the soldier continued on hit him with the gun. He was extremely mad that he wished he had a gun to kill the soldier beating his dad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb