6th Day: SK II Spa, Ice Cream and Cheonggyecheon Stream


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Gangnam
September 14th 2012
Published: March 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today Sandra and I went to the SK II Spa in Seoul. SK II is a skin care brand but also a spa. It was in Gangnamgu and instead of taking the subway again, we went by Sandra's car.

When we entered, we were gretted by a fluent English masseuse and was taken to the massage room on the 4th floor of the building. They gave us robes to change in and sat on the massage table. We both had the relaxing body massage and the Signature facial program. We both fell asleep when the body massage started. When I woke up, the facial was about to start so I woke up Sandra. It was so relaxing and calming. After the treatments we went down to the first floor where they sold SK II products and bought a few of them. I bought the facial treatment mask, the facial treatment cleansing gel and the facial treatment milk.

After all the relaxation, we went to get some ice cream. There was this one famous ice cream store called 'Cold Stone Creamery'. It was fairly close to the spa so it was convenient for us. So basically what it is, is you choose the type of ice cream and then choose either a waffle cone or waffle cup. I ordered the Strawberry banana randezvous (strawberry ice cream, banana and strawberry pieces, pie crust and chocolate chip) in a waffle cup and Sandra ordered the Founder's Favourite (Vanilla ice cream, brownie pieces, tangerine, caramel sauce and pecan nuts) in a waffle cup.

After ice cream we went to Cheonggyecheon where there is a stream that runs through the Deoksugung Palace, Seoul Plaza, the Sejong Center, Insa-dong Street, the Changdeokgung Palace, and the Changgyeonggung Palace. We strolled around the stream for hours and saw the grand fountain, the tunnel fountain and the wishing wall. After the 3 hour stroll, it became dark and it was time to go back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb