7th Day: Lotte World


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Songpa-gu » Jamsil
September 15th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was Saturday and today me and Sandra went to a small city called Lotte World with an amusement park, folk museum, ice rink, pool/waterslide park, restaurants, shopping centre and a hotel. We went to the amusement park and tried some rides and enjoyed the day there. We took and taxi and travelled to Songpa-gu, Jamsil dong.

Since it was Saturday, it was more crowded with families and couples everywhere. We entered 'Magic Island' of the amusement park and I felt like a kid again. It was slightly difficult to go on a ride straight away due to the long lines. So instead we went to get something to eat before going on rides and exploring the park. We stopped at the Lotte food court to get some food. It offered a wide range of cuisine, from South Korea traditional food to western traditional snacks including French fries, burgers, and pizza. We just had some traditional Korean food like rice balls, fish sticks, Korean-style hotdog and fried seafood.

After the food, we head off to go on one of the rides. We walked around to look for one and to digest the food before we got on any ride. There was a cartoon character dressed in a cat gave us a little guide book to all the rides and attractions within the amusement park. There was many rides, such as Atlantic Adventure, Gyro Drop, Gyro Swing, The Comet Express, Swing Tree, Waikiki Wave, Bumper Cars and Ghost House. All of them seemed so much fun and exciting when we watched other people on it. So out of all the rides, we tried the Gyro Drop, Gyro Swing, Atlantic Adventure, The Comet Express and Kaikiki Wave.

Some information about the rides:
Gyro Drop
It is a 70 metre pole with a round ring around it with 40 chairs. It takes people up all the way to the top and drops down at a very fast speed. This ride is super fun yet very scary. This ride also gives you the opportunity to check out the view of Lotte world from a very high viewpoint.

Waikiki Wave
It is a ride that has three rows of chairs that moves in many directions. This is a special ride because it takes place right above a small lake. It moves from side to side, twisting and turning. This ride is awesome, but just make sure you haven't ate anything before the ride.

Atlantic Adventure
It's the Roller Coaster and Flume Ride incorporated into one. With many turns, loops and tunnels, this ride gives you the exciting feeling throughout the whole ride. It is one of the popular rides in Lotte World.

After going on all the rides in Magic Island, we headed towards Adventure 'the out amusement park in Lotte World. This part of Lotte World is more traditional but still contained fun rides. There were rides like The Adventures of Sindbad, The Conquistador, Camelot Carrousel, Flume Ride, Giant Loop, Drunken Basket, Desperado and many more. There were also theatres and shows too, but we didn't go to any. After trying some of the rides, we rented some skates and went to the ice rink. The ice rink was slightly crowded with many kids and couples, so it was hard to move fast because someone might get hurt. After skating around and starting to feel the freezing cold, it was time to leave and return back to JW Mariott Hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb