Back for the Best Bibimbap {Darrell}


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Jeollabuk-do » Wido
August 22nd 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The beautiful Wido coastlineThe beautiful Wido coastlineThe beautiful Wido coastline

More bays and islets than you could ever need
The next morning we woke up, packed away the tent, and promptly made good on our promise to swim ourselves clean. We were blessed with a beautiful warm, clear lagoon just in front of us, which was a great way to get going. We decided that instead of waiting for our friendly local bus driver, we'd walk back to the pier and see the island properly.

The walk took about two hours, along cliffs above the sea, through the little fishing village, and around several beautiful peninsulas and bays. It seemed like the whole island was asleep, except for a few locals hanging around the grocey store where we found breakfast. Along the sides of the road red chilli peppers were drying out in the sun on mats.

Wido is for sure the most beautiful island that we have visited yet. Back at the jetty, it was sad to be leaving. There's still a whole other side of the island to see, and several mountain peaks that would give fantastic views. We'll be back...

From Gyeokpo on the mainland we bussed back to Jeonju. I had to get back to English Village to work, but Catherine had taken
RefreshedRefreshedRefreshed

Packing up after a dip in the bay
a few days leave and had plans to travel around Jeollabuk province with her mom for the next few days.

In Jeonju there was just enough time to find a local Bibimbap place to show Susan our favourite travelling food, before I had to hop on a bus to sleep my way back to Seoul.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hot EarthHot Earth
Hot Earth

In case you were wondering why we're all so sunburnt - this is what the sun does to the ground!


7th September 2007

hats!
You don't look so foreign in your hats

Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 32; qc: 159; dbt: 0.1706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb