Cold day at the Beach-Week 3


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Incheon
April 25th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday was a bit of an adventure. Several other teachers and I decided to take a trip to the beach in Incheon. Why we decided to do this I'm not sure, but at the time it seemed like an amazing idea. Actually, it was an awesome idea, however, the weather was NOT awesome. It was freezing and rainy, and I was definitely under dressed. Besides that though it was fun.

Out of Ilsan we took a taxi to a carnival in Incheon. The area that we first went to was completely empty. There was no one at the carnival and I understood why. It was so cold, and because we were right on the water the wind was really strong. We decided to enjoy the carnival as long as we could. Each ride cost money so we only rode two. Luckily though because the park was empty each ride was extended quite a bit. I'd say it was worth the money.

After the rides and some games we took a ferry over to one of the large islands in Incheon. The ferry was one that you could drive your car on, which I thought was cool, because I had never seen that before. The ferry ride was nice, but short. Very soon after getting to shore we realized there wasn't really anything to do, so we hopped a random bus to see where it would take us. To be honest we have no clue where it took us, but it was somewhere near the airport. From there it was the subway into Seoul.

In Seoul we met up with some other teachers for some Mexican food. Who would have thought there would be Mexican food in Korea! A margarita and some flautas was just what I needed before we went out for the night. Our first stop was basically a little bar on the street, where you purchased a drink in a bag. One of the greatest ideas ever!! You can order almost any cocktail you want and they give it to you in a ziplock bag with a straw. Genius I tell you! The night ended with a trip to a jazz club where Ryan, one of the teachers, played the piano with the band. He was amazing!! Over all a good day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

This ride is the Hurricain!This ride is the Hurricain!
This ride is the Hurricain!

Much better than a hurricane!
Snack standSnack stand
Snack stand

Octopus tentacle anyone?


22nd December 2010
Balloon game at the Carnival

it wont let you even play the game!!!!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb