Good places to make an excursion to


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangbuk-do » Gunwi County
October 30th 2007
Published: October 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

a narrow patha narrow patha narrow path

a narrow path for the peak of Mt.Mang-san
#1 Mt. Mang-san(It means watching mountain) in Geoje-do.

Last Friday was teachers' training day. we made an excursion to Mt. Mang-san in Geoje-do. we headed for Geoje-do early morning by rent bus. It took three hours to arrive Geoje-do by bus from Gun-wi. the rent bus was driven on the Daegu-Masan express way, the south seashore express way and the Daejeon-Tongyoung express way. after passing Tongyoung tollgate, we soon got in Geoje-do. the bus ran through Geoje-do for about 40 minutes, we finally arrived the entrance of Mt. Mang-san. Mt. Mang-san is not high. the height is 373meters. although the peak is not high, we could see the South sea, Korea. this sea is connected with the East china sea and the Pacific. there are many good sea scape in this sea. and this sea is very clean and blue. so Korean government determined this area as national seashore park. we climbed Man-san slowly. we arrived the peak in 2 hours by foot. we had kimbap(lunch) at the peak and watched sea and many islands in the sea. the air was very fresh. this made my lungs refresh. It was so good.

#2 Haw-san fortress in Gunwi.
Hansando( island in the south sea)Hansando( island in the south sea)Hansando( island in the south sea)

this is Hansando(the long and middle island of this photo). admiral Lee soon-shin stopped the march of Japanese naval fleets at this island and defeated Japanese enemy clearly during war with Japan(1592-1597). we can see the island far

This fortress is constructed to protect a foreign enemy on mid-Choseon(朝鮮)period. this foreign enemy might be Japanese pirates or Ching(淸)'s cavalry. This fortress was training camp to Choseon's army(infantry and cavalry). Japanese pirates attacked the korean peninsula very often, from long time ago. finally, Japanese army invaded the korean peninsula on mid-Choseon period. and ruled some territory of Choseon for 7years(1592-1597). but general Kwon-youl and admiral Lee soon-shin defeated Japanese army and navy force. after the war with Japan, Ching's troops also invaded, the king of Choseon surrendered this time. It was historic shocking event to king's people. after this, Choseon government decided to arrange his own special infantry and cavalry troops. this fortress was a training camp for this troops. "but Ching government knew this secret movement of Choseon government and gave Choseon government harsh order to stop that movement. Choseon government was too weak to struggle to Ching government's order(presumption of fact)." this fortress has remained on under construction so far. luckily, I could get in.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

the peakthe peak
the peak

the limestone of Mt. Mang-san. these chinese letters means "the first good sightseeing under heaven".
a toada toad
a toad

I looked at this animal on climbing. I shoot it.
It'meIt'me
It'me

I am shooted by my co-teacher on the rock.
fortress gatefortress gate
fortress gate

this is Hwa-san fortress.
Mr.John with meMr.John with me
Mr.John with me

My English teacher. He is a good man and is very humble.
gategate
gate

this is a priceless historical remains in Gunwi, I think.
sea scapesea scape
sea scape

the south sea, Korea.
sea scapesea scape
sea scape

one more.


4th November 2007

Nice!
Very pretty pictures. I enjoyed the piece of history that you explained in your entry. Thank you for sharing it!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb