Visited an American school in Daegu


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeongsangbuk-do » Gunwi County
October 4th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

An American school in DaeguAn American school in DaeguAn American school in Daegu

we took a picture before school building. Korean teacher- is far right of the first line- make this visiting for us.
I visited the American school with English teachers-members of English studying group in Gun-wi office of Education-on Oct. 3rd, 2007. Because this school is located in US army base camp(Camp George), investigation of security was very strict. after allowing us to enter into the camp, we looked all over the school.
An American girl, Daniel, 11th grade student, guided our 4 elementary school teachers. she guided us for gym. at that time, about two dozens of students did physical training with their coach. there are many victory flags on the gym wall. she said that Daegu team is more powerful than any other teams. so, many times, our team gained many wins in many competitions.
next, we stopped by computer room where senior students did computer programing-director or computer animation- class with their teacher. I watched their programing for a while. It looked very excellent to me.
we stepped upstairs. we watched juniors' classes. biology class about "forest" done in the darken class room by the science teacher. He used a projector as teaching machine. and we stopped by the history teacher's room. He has a silver beard and silver hairs. He teaches world history and American history. Daniel said, "I admire him, and he gives his students much homeworks." He must be an intelligent professor. we stepped by counselors' room and watched social studies class and cinema review class. In the cinema review class, It is very impressive to me of teacher and students had a conversations freely about cinema "Seven".
we also watched elementary teachers' class. It was similar to Korean. many pupils are in the class room. elementary teachers teach many pupils in their class room, differ from the junior and senior teachers teach about dozens of students.
I thought that an elementary teacher's work more hard than a junior and a senior teacher's. I wondered wether an elementary teacher's salary is higher than an junior's and a senior's or not. to my regret, I didn't get a chance to ask about that.
we visited dining room(cafeteria) to eat lunch. lunch menu was spaghetti, milk, mixed vegetables and sweets. It was good to me.
after lunch, we take a rest in the Korean teacher's room. He teaches the understanding of Korean culture. He gave us this experience. Thank you for him.
we took a picture before the school building
Lunch in CafeteriaLunch in CafeteriaLunch in Cafeteria

spaghetti, milk, mixed vegetabls and sweets. they are too sweet for me.
for the memorial. and then we finished our visiting American school. It was a good experience to me of understanding American school system and faculty in Korea.
most of all. I gave Daniel, a bilingual student and school guide, a great thanks.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Our guide, DanielOur guide, Daniel
Our guide, Daniel

An American girl, Daniel, 11th grade student, guided our 4 elementary school teachers. I gave Daniel, a bilingual student and our school guide, a great thanks. she is right side of this pciture. she has a soft curled and brown hair.


8th April 2008

Hi there Big Brother, lovely photo of you and John there! I hope that while I am teaching in Gunwi I might get a chance to go and have a look at this school too, it looks very interesting! Cheers, Belinda (Gunwi Elementary School)

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb