Busan 14/08-15/08


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

August is suposed to be a holiday month, so i decided to make it a holiday. August 12th i took the local train from Tokoy to Hiroshima (16 hours) where i spent the nigth, the next day i took the local train to shimonoseki (5 hours) where i jumped on the ferry to South-Korea. For some period of time i'm interested in this country, because of it's kind of similarity to Japan (little bit), it's devided notion/ closed border to North Korea and its not so touristic being. As soon as i showed my passport without re-entry visa the first problems occured. As the immigration officer said, i cannot leave the country without re-entry visa....and there i went for the second time into the immigration office. After some talking, showing my fligth ticket to the netherlands and returning my alien regestration card i was free to go to Korea. The ferry took about 12 hours, i slept on tatami matting with 12 other japanese people. In the evening i went for a stroll on the ferry and met the only other foreigner on the boat...Ian from Canada, together we drunk some beers and decided to travel togehter the next day. In the early mornign i arrived at the busan harbor and immediately i noticed the differences to japan. Korea can be described as a chaotic japan. People selling meat and fish on the street, driving on the right again, dangerous traffic not even stopping for a red sign and many beggers. But i enjoyed it to be again in a more asian and chaotic country. During the day Ian an i went sigth seeing on a temple moutain on the edge of the city. the moutain gave us some great views on the city, we did some hiking and finally visited the beautifull women temple. Because we where a interesting objec tto watch, the temple women gave us free food in turn for helping them with cleaning up the tabels.....no problem...and so we enjoyed a very tastyn free meal. In the afternoon we splitted up, Ian going to Seoul, me staying in Busan to spent the nigth in a too sweet motel. In the evening i did some sigth seeing around the fishmarket where all the fish were still alive, the meat market where they sell dogmeat and cow knees..???...and i did a dinner cooking my own beef on the grill. Yes i got the travelspirit again, and i will never get enough of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

my first korean breakfastmy first korean breakfast
my first korean breakfast

Raw octopus, cold soup and sushi...
market, fish, meat, etcmarket, fish, meat, etc
market, fish, meat, etc

even dog meat...


24th September 2009

Asking
Dear Ruben, May I ask, how much cost you spend for holiday in korea?what is the place that you suggest to visit? you can inform me by email (s_abrini@yahoo.com) mooiii always ;)

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb