A day out on the Hop on, Hop off bus


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 6th 2015
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

We awoke to a beautiful view, our breakfast was a ham and cheese sandwich which we made ourselves and watched the world go by from our view. We headed down to the lobby and then took a short walk across the bridge to the Singapore Flyer where we boarded our bus. Our bus has 21 stops around Singapore and seeing we haven't seen much around here, we decided we could make a full day out of sightseeing.
Our first stop was at Chinatown where we wandered through the shops and surrounds for a little while. Back on the bus, then our next stop was Clarke Quay which is where we stayed our last time in Singapore, at the Novotel Hotel. We bought some wine here so we can take on the ship( we are hoping that it won't be confiscated), we are allowed to take 2 bottles, so the paperwork says, we'll see !!!
Back on the bus, past Orchard Road, our bus driver was crazy here, he was speeding down this street so I got whiplash trying to get sight of any shops I might miss!!!
Our next stop is Little India where we got off and somehow found ourselves in a Chinese Markets??? Anyway, back on track, we went to the Indian Market where the smell of curry was divine!! (Late lunch!)
Back on the bus to Raffles Hotel, and into the Long Bar for a Singapore Sling @ $29 plus tax Holy crap!!! How can they charge this much for just 3 sips???
2 more stops back to the start at the Singapore Flyer, we got off, walked back to our hotel and had a quick drink, then walked back to the Singapore Flyer, bought our tickets and waited in line to go into our capsule, similar size to the London Eye capsules. The whole lap of the Flyer took about half an hour with fantastic views on the last half, unrestricted 360 degree views of the Marina Bay Harbour.
We later walked to the waterfront , bought a water, the sat to watch the laser show which started at 9.45pm, spectacular views but unless you were there, the camera just doesn't capture what you see.
We walked back through the Marina Bay Shoppes where we bought instant noodles from the supermarket to have when we got back. Kept walking over to the Gardens by the Bay via the walkway through the shops, then walked through the Gardens with spectacular views wherever you looked, by this time, it's about 11pm so we left and walked back to the hotel for our instant spicy hot noodles !!! Collapsed into bed...again!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



7th March 2015

Your blog is making us want to return to Singapore. I am sure it is much changed since we were last there. Continue enjoying your holiday.
7th March 2015

Singapore is beautiful country
7th March 2015

Looks wonderful! Enjoy!
7th March 2015

Love your photos,you both look so happy
8th March 2015

WOW! what an amazing site... The detail in the sculptures are fascinating... no doubt about it you two really know how to get the most out of your holiday... Good work!
8th March 2015

Hey Sue! check out the photo bomber in the back ground!!!
8th March 2015

Wow... That looks stunning in the photo.. it must be totally magical looking at it in real life
9th March 2015

Just the way you keep Clint under your finger.
9th March 2015

Up Up and away.
16th March 2015

Looks like your tickling a big tongue lol
16th March 2015

Trust you to find a hotel with shops advertised on main entrance

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb