Our personal thoughts on Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 28th 2015
Published: October 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We did not know much about Singapore when we booked our flights there. Also, neither of us have ever travelled to Asia before.

We both loved Singapore. Although it is in Asia, it feels very western. Only difference being the relaxed and friendly atmosphere of the locals.

We tried a couple of their hawker centres for food and also some of their local restaurants. None of them disappointed. We also tried some of the well known restaurants in Singapore and we can understand why they have such good names worldwide.

A lot of the touristy places are all clean and modern. It was nice to see that they appear to have left most of Little India how it originally was. It was only by chance that we happened to pick a hotel there, but this was a really great location for us and we actually felt like we were in the old part of the country.

Singapore is not a big county, but some of their attractions are a long way from their touristic areas. We made many trips on the metro and buses and would recommend using these for getting around. The stations and terminals were very clean. They appeared to run to time, but being on holiday, we were not looking at punctuality too much.



Singapore is definitely another country we would like to return to one day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb