Singapore and a teary goodbye to our trip


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 5th 2006
Published: September 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Singapore, is great, we both really loved the place. Sure it may not be the toughest global destination and has flowers everywhere and is super clean but these are good things. There is great shopping and eating and we managed in a mere two days to visit the lovely gardens, Little India, Chinatown, Clark Quay, The Colonial District and the Zoo (which is fantastic!).

It was the perfect place to finish our trip, buy a few last minute goodies and have a brief relax before the flying. We visited Chinatown and bought some 'replica' watches and made up for our materialism by visiting the museum there which is really good. In the evening we went down to Clark Quay which has recently been redone and is extremely cool, whith millions of restaurants and bars on the waterfront. We had Mexican food with a few Margueritas to celebrate (or commiserate) what has been the trip of a lifetime. All that remained the next day was to check out of the hotel and then wait all day and most of the night for our flight which left at 3.20 am. We landed up wandering around Singapore at night which was rather pleasant trying to get to grips with the prospect of going home. While both of us were running out of steam a little having not stayed anywhere more than 4 nights during the whole trip, we had gotten rather used being in amazing far away places and we felt really lucky that we had been able to go.

We are home now, Charlotte has started her job and I am mincing around in Wales waiting to go to Kenya on the 1st of October for 2 months voluntary work. If I can get to an internet machine at all out there I will post a few entries to this blog so not to confuse everyone. Anyway, I am probably speaking to nobody, but thank you for you lovely emails and for reading the blog, which itself has been really great for us as a record of the trip and to help us appreciate what we have seen and done. Of course we also have Charlotte's diary, which is spread over two books and is extensive, while mine is languishing at around 40 pages and covers up to, um, Vietnam, which is over 6 weeks ago. Oops. Anyway, lots of love from Charlotte and manly hugs from me and see you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb