Day 38 - Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 12th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we had the cable car and Panda visit planned so it was on to the subway down to the water front to catch the cable car over to Sentosa Island. Another expensive tourist trap but we went anyway. Sentosa Island is just really an amusement park but the cable car provided a great view and different perspective. Deciding to use the public transport out to the Zoo/River Safari was really a breeze and one train ride and a connecting bus bought us to the Zoo complex. Yet another expensive place, but the Pandas were a ‘must see’ today. Paying the extra S$10.00 for the boat ride we set off to find the Pandas. The River Safari is quite frankly rubbish with little in the way of decent exhibits until the Pandas. Pam spent what seemed like hours taking pics of the pandas until it was time to meet the river boat for the ride through the rest of the park. We were met by an official who then advised us the boat trip was cancelled due to maintenance so a crap wild life park turned out to be worse, no refunds and only an option to re-schedule, not much help when you leave the next day. So highly disillusioned we finished the walk through the park and returned to Singapore Centre. As we missed the main light show of the hotel we set off back down town to the waterfront, to be honest the light show was spectacular and well worth the visit. Last night of the trip it was off to bed early for the long flight home.

So what is there to see and do in Singapore? Not much! It's not exactly a destination in our opinion. We have been there, seen it and to be honest never want to go back!

As you can tell we were not at all impressed with Singapore and would recommend give it a miss completely. There are much nicer places to stay over like Dubai!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb