Singapore Stop-over


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 4th 2005
Published: April 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another Singapore Skyline shotAnother Singapore Skyline shotAnother Singapore Skyline shot

What a beautiful, gleeming city!

WOW Singapore!



Hi everyone and welcome to our new “Travel Blog” this is our first entry so here goes…

As part of our trip to Australia we decided to include a stop-over in Singapore to break up the journey and to see somewhere completely different!
WOW, what a city! Don’t really know what we where expecting but what we got was soooooo much better!
Clean, clean, clean! I have never seen a city so clean and tidy before. Very modern and sleek with everything feeling high tech and up to date but sill has enough colonial architecture to remind you of the country’s history.
For such a highly populated city there was so much green. Trees line most streets, buildings have surrounding gardens, bridges are covered with climbing plants and even all the crash barriers on the motorways are hidden with flowers.
Cheap, cheap, cheap! Besides the obvious like electronic goods, things like food and public transport were dirt cheap! We both ate out and had a delicious Chinese meal for approximately £2 for the two!

Sights we managed to see:
Night safari - Fantastic! (Sorry about the lack of photos but it was dark!) We were able
Singapore SkylineSingapore SkylineSingapore Skyline

View from the Habour front
to see the animals in, what looked like, their natural habitat at night when they are most active. No cages or fences just natural barriers like rivers, hills or hidden wires in the grass were all that separated us from the animals.
City Tour - Quite a rushed but informative organised tour of the city to get our bearings. Got to take in views of the city skyline, Little India, China Town and The Botanical Gardens
Sentosa Island - An island just a short cable car ride away from the city is where the Singaporeans go to take a break from the city. The name actual means Tranquillity Island and it does live up to that. I do have to say it feels “man made” and a little too perfect but that kind of suites the rest of Singapore.
Shopping - WOW SHOPPING!! There is no way on this earth anyone could visit all the shops in Singapore! It is just endless! On the main shopping street alone we were told there is around 40 Malls. Each mall contains floors and floors of shops. Most bigger than the Trafford Centre!
Zoo - Again like the night safari, easily the best
Singapore China TownSingapore China TownSingapore China Town

Just like being in China, only not
zoo I have ever been to due to the lack of noticeable barriers.
Bird Park - Had absolutely massive walk through aviaries containing every type of bird imaginable.

So as you can see we were pretty impressed with Singapore and were, in a way, sad to leave but not for long as we were then off to the land of Aus!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Singapore Little IndiaSingapore Little India
Singapore Little India

All you need is smellyvision! So much incence and spices!
Singapore Hindu TempleSingapore Hindu Temple
Singapore Hindu Temple

No shoes please!
Singapore Sentosa IslandSingapore Sentosa Island
Singapore Sentosa Island

Wow, looks feels and smells like paradise. (shhhh just dont tell anyone it's man made)
Singapore Sentosa Island nightSingapore Sentosa Island night
Singapore Sentosa Island night

One of the main buildings on Sentosa at night
Singapore Jurong Bird ParkSingapore Jurong Bird Park
Singapore Jurong Bird Park

The biggest waterfall inside an aviary in the world! Yes I did say INSIDE an aviary!


5th July 2006

You guys are lucky!
Hey you guys had a really nice time. Im planning my honeymoon at Singapore and your blog has really helped me a lot in deciding. Hoping that i'll make a blog of my own very soon! Have a great day!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb